- Transcription allows transcriptionist to convert a speech (live or recorded, audio or video) to a written or digital text format.
- Usually, transcriptionist are required to transcribe everyday court proceedings, medical reports, legal reports, or speeches or seminars or a professor’s or physician’s voice notes —all voice notes into text format or electronic/digital format.
- The digital documents later might need to be printed.
Transcription services include medical transcription, legal transcription, academic transcription, dissertation transcription, interview transcription, and general transcription. Almost everything that can be written about can be transcribed.
- With every other service provider ready to offer transcription services, competition has become very fierce. This has further pushed Indian service providers to act more professionally and increase their clientele base.
- Professionals in transcription industry have to have an updated knowledge base as the field demands — so then be it medical transcription or legal transcription.
- Legal or medical transcriptionists need special mention here as it becomes must for them to remain well versed with the latest terminologies used in their respective fields.
- The most important of all is to have proficiency in the English language as it forms the base of any transcription.
- Indian service providers ensure timely delivery of services with 24x7 support, quick turnaround time and quality check being carried out at regular intervals.